CSS Cross Browser Compatibility for IE7 and IE8
This project was awarded to B00StER for $45 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I am looking for a good CSS (HTML) programmer to make my website Cross Browser compatible.
It is a wordpress theme for the WP e-Commerce plugin which works flawlessly in Windows 7, XP and MAC using IE9, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
Therefore; here is what you need to do:
1. Create a new CSS file (from the original of course) to make the theme compatible with IE 7 and IE 8 under Windows XP and 7.
2. The original CSS file (and theme php files) must not be modified so if you need to change something will need to ask me first and then make completely sure that the theme is not being altered in FireFix, Chrome or Safari for MAC or Windows where it already works fine. 99% of the styling is in the CSS file, very few styling is done in the php theme files so if you must change something in order for it to work also in the requested browsers then you will need to do as explained above.
3. No CSS hacking as it will have to be a CSS file for the IE browsers loaded with the known conditionals.
4. Aside from very small details (a few only) the theme already looks fine in Windows 7 on IE8 so I guess it will not be a difficult task to make it compatible with IE7 and make sure that look fine under both Windows XP and 7.
5. As this website is already live, the ideal will be that I will provide you with the original CSS file and you will install it in your test server and let me know so that I can link it from my theme with the needed conditional for the IE browsers. The classes and HTML code you can see un-der firebug or other. If you need to make CSS classes changes in the html then we will talk but hopefully it won’t be the case.
6. Our website does work very well with IE9, however in IE8 it seems to be very slugish which makes me thing it may be a compatibility issue.
As I am certain this is an easy task for the right programmer I am looking to pay in the order of $30 for this project. Will provide the link to the site by PM only to the right bidders. In case you feel you need to change your bid after have seen it then you can do it.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online