I am after a freelance website. I am not looking for a direct clone of any existing site nor a freelancer script downloaded from SmarterScripts or such sites.
It should operate in a similar way to the likes of GAF, Rentacoder, Getacoder, Odesk or [url removed, login to view] with functions and alterations as detailed below. It is to of be top quality presentation and operation.
The site is to be your own original work unless agreed in writing between us –
The site is to:
1. be written in php
2. have the ability for me to alter any text (including the front page) through the administration section.
3. allow me add, edit and/or delete categories.
4. allow me add, edit and/or delete fees.
5. allow me add, edit and/or delete users.
6. have good, clear monitoring, reporting, financial controls, payment integration, advertising module, affiliate module and RSS feeds with an RSS feed button.
7. allow the showing of a site promotional video and flash on any page. This is to be controlled through Admin.
8. Backend should be in MYSQL.
9. be set up to be SEO friendly.
10. be integrated with PayPal, MoneyBookers and Escrow with the ability to add more at a later stage.
11. include a ‘Provider’ (freelancer) page similar in presentation and detail to: [url removed, login to view]
The site is to collect certain information from freelancers as shown in the above link under the headings of:
• Quick Facts
• Providers Assignment History
Also on that link page, oDesk also has a heading called ‘Certification’. I would like that included in this site but the heading is to be changed to ‘Accreditations’. The format would be the same as oDesk but without the columns headed ‘Score’ and ‘Percentile’. To collect the information for the “Accreditations” column, field would be added asking the following:
• Accreditation type: (Text – 1 full line)
• Year gained: (Number – 4 spaces)
• Industry Body: (Text – 1 full line)
• Details (Text – 4 full lines)
To confirm, there would be 4 headings: Quick Facts, Providers Assignment History, Categories and Accreditations.
Also, at the bottom of the page of the link above, it gives the option to email the page. This is also required.
12. When users (buyers) click on a freelancers profile, it should include and show examples of their work which can be clicked to be opened. See the bottom of the page from this link for an example. [url removed, login to view]
13. In the section where a buyer enters the job details, a drop down choice listing all countries with “Anywhere” at the top is required. If nothing is entered it is to default to “Anywhere”. If a country is clicked on then that country appears on the front page with the job listing. The column is to be headed “Preferred Country”.
14. In the section where freelancers fill in their details and request to have an email sent to them when certain types of jobs appear, they need to be able to choose the country or “Anywhere” from a drop down country box and only emails fitting that description would be sent to them.
15. There is to be the ability to have members join as Silver or Gold members. Gold members are to be denoted with a mark beside their name wherever listed. There will be a $[url removed, login to view] fee payable per month to become a Gold Member but will then not be liable to pay any commissions on the completed projects.
15. A rating system for providers is required. It is to be in the format used by www.odesk.com.
16. have at least 60 days free support.
17. In Australia, there is a tax called GST. This is a 10 percent charge on all goods and services. As some of the work coming through this web site will originate in Australia (and I am based in Australia), there needs to be the ability for an invoice (called a Tax Invoice) to be automatically generated for the total amount due to my company and emailed in a .pdf format. This would become payable and be generated when a job is completed and the buyer has clicked on the final buttons to pay the freelancer. It would only apply where work has originated from Australia for work done within Australia. To do this a tick-able box would be needed when a job is at the stage in of paying the freelancer asking if the company is based in Australia to enable a tax invoice to be generated. This entire function needs to be able to be switched on and off through Admin.
18. A section is to be included on the front page titled ‘Testimonials”. This would have a scrolling review showing the first seven or eight words of testimonials which have been entered through the administration section. The testimonials will be comments received from users of the site.
A. Your quoted completion time is to be accurate and complied with taking into account any extra time required for additions or changes that I may request during the project. Any changes will be authorised in writing by me once a cost and time frame is provided by you.
B. Draft of work is to be provided for approval for layouts and designs. This is to include the logo and designs.
C. A URL is to be provided where I can see work progress being updated. Updates to the URL to be done at least once a day.
D. Good email and IM communication is essential with daily updates.
E. Payment will be made into Escrow and made via progress payments with the final 30% being paid once the job is completed, tested and uploaded. Completed code for each payment section is to be emailed to me. An agreed late penalty will apply. I’m sorry to add this but it has proven necessary from recent experiences.
F. I need the script to be ready to run, installed and fully operational on my hosting server please.
G. No ownership / copyright issues please and ownership of code and copyright is to be released to me upon final payment.
H. Please NO generic replies as I cannot respond to them.
I hope that I have helped by providing this much information.
The type of business, objective and required categories and text will be provided prior to or during the project as required.
Please use the budget here as a guide and let me know if you believe it needs more.
In your reply, please make sure you detail your experience which is relevant to this type of project - not just a generic reply.
I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to ask any questions. The above points must be included in the site and the making of the site.