web based electronic learning (eLearning) application
This project received 22 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of £30437 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £50000 GBP
Request for quotation from a software development company for a patient eLearning application
We are two UK based doctors. We want to develop a web based electronic learning (eLearning) application that allows hospital inpatients to carry out a course to teach them about their medications and the side effects of them. The project has two components:
1. Software - a web-based eLearning application
2. Hardware - computer hardware for 30 in-patient rooms, for patients to access the eLearning application
We are looking for an estimated quotation for the cost of developing the software for this project and providing the hardware for it. We require an approximate quotation in order to bid for funding for the project.
1. The application will be hosted on a specified domain name. It will be based on a rich client interface running out of the browser, e.g. Google Web Toolkit, Vaadin, or Java Server Faces.
2. Patients should have a means of accessing the application that is unique to them in order to monitor and save their progress.
3. The application should be navigated using a simple user interface device (mouse/keyboard, remote control or touch screen).
4. The application will be interactive: with the ability to set quizzes and record the patients answers, embed video and other multimedia.
5. All application content must be easily up-datable by a non-technical administrator through a web based tool.
6. User progress and responses should be collated in a central database which can be queried by an administrator.
7. Confidentiality is paramount and therefore no patient identifiable data should be stored.
1. For the 30 rooms available for in-patients, there should be the necessary computer hardware devices capable of accessing the eLearning application.
There are 30” HDMI patient monitors in every room and public WiFi in every room.
All of the content and navigation structure will be provided by us. There are approximately 80 separate sections of content comprising a total of 15,000 words. There are approximately 20 questions to be answered by patients.
An approximate value or range of values of the final cost involved
Separation of approximate values software (Part 1), hardware (Part 2) then hosting (of eLearning application) and any maintenance/ongoing costs
Further breakdown by hours, hourly rates, and so on
Examples of any related work you have completed e.g. eLearning
Please tell us whether you are VAT registered and/or whether VAT may be exempt because this is a medical application
WE REALISE YOUR QUOTE WILL BE APPROXIMATE
Thank you very much indeed,
Dr. Tim Knowles
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online