Simple Encryption Application
This project received 24 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1970 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$600 - $2200 USD
This is an encryption application for Windows 7/8. It allows a user to keep documents private in a (1) hidden and (2) encrypted part of their hard drive.
Here is the process/user interface:
1. Application installs.
(A) during install, one is asked to provide 3 passwords:
(1A) - Password that decrypts your folder and shows you all your data.
(2A) - Password that decrypts a decoy folder that has non-personal documents.
(3A) - Password that initiates destructive erase of your encrypted data
(B) User is also asked to provide a CODE to open the application.
2. After initial install, application runs in the background hiddenly. User doesn't see it when he opens Task Manager/etc. It is not in the program menu/etc.
To use the application:
1. Application is running hidden in the background the whole time the computer is on. When the user types the correct CODE, they get a prompt to enter a password where they can enter one of the 3 passwords.
The CODE is something that isn't going to be typed often. ( "HELLO" doesn't work. "%&C#" works.)
2. If user enters one of the 3 passwords correctly, one of the 3 things will happen depending on the password: If they enter the (A1) password, they are shown their full encrypted directory. If they enter the (A2) password, they are shown the decoy encrypted directory. If they enter the (A3) password, the system looks like it is decrypting data, but it is actually erasing and destroying as much data as possible.
3. User can add/remove files easily from the encryption folders.
- Strong encryption - Please specify which standard you would like to use. Please specify how strong it is, and please specify very roughly how fast it would encrypt/decrypt a 1GB file on a modern spec computer (I7/8gb ram.)
- Well hidden - Once installed, application will not appear in the programs menu, desktop, or anywhere in the Task Manager/etc.
- Some kind of licensing protocol to minimize multiple installs, software piracy.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online