Server management/optimize VPS server (CentOs 5.6 32 bit)
- Status Completed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 4
We need someone who can assist us with optimizing our VPS server.
The server is a CentOs 5.6 32 bit server, with 4gb ram and 160gb hdd.
On the server we are running about 30 websites. The server is running cpanel and WHM.
We need to make sure we optimize the server for:
- Speed (install scripts or remove scripts to make the server run very fast and smooth)
- Hackersafe (install scripts or remove scripts to make the server run fast and be secure)
- Reporting/system status (make sure the system can inform me of possible threats, downtime, errors, upgrades and so on)
- Backups (complete backups of each website, not the entire server but each website, including the sql db and so on)
I need someone who can showcase true expertise in server management/setup and someone who can assist also in the future when needed (on a per hour basis) should we run into any sort of problems.
One of the issues we have is that for some reason the server peaks in memory at some intervals and the server gets real slow and sometimes crashes.
Currently we don't know what processes is causing this, but all sites on the server is running Joomla CMS and the info we have is that the [url removed, login to view] file requires too much resources. None of the websites have more than approx max 100 unique visitors per day, so this shouldn't be a problem at all, so something is not working properly, so we need someone who can have a deep look and fix/update/upgrade/make it safe.
If you are not an expert on servers, do not bid on this as your bid will be ignored. We only look for truly professional and skilled server management people to assist us with this.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online