Grab Tweets and use them as the data for a HTML Form POST
This project was successfully completed by sashamd for $125 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In3 days
I am looking for someone to build a small utility to perform the follwoing task:
1. Query a Starting URL and process the HTML to extract two embedded URLs and recording the order they were discovered.
(These URLs are to delete two items in the system managed through the Starting URL.)
2. Read a variable from a user modifable but cached location (eg. text file, script header, URL, etc...)
3. Treat the read variable as a Twitter account and query twitter for the last 4 tweets from the account.
4. Prepare and format the tweets in a predefined format to post to the managed system.
4. Read a configuration setting from a user modifable by cached location (eg. text file, script header, URL, etc...)
5. Use the configuration setting to decide which of, or if both extracted URLs will be called to execute the detlation of previous data in the managed system.
6. Use the configuration setting to decide based on what data was deleted to post 2 or 4 of the most recent tweets to the managed system.
This will be run periodically from a Windows 2000 Server as a scheduled job.
The target HTML Form is a web front end to a Windows 2000 application that a user normally needs to manually enter the data into the HTML Form and then it displays the data on an electronic screen. The display scrolls the text input on the form for people to then read off of the electronic display. I wish to automatically update the form when I post to Twitter from a specific account so the electronic display receives the same information.
I want the application to run at most once every 15 minutes and at least once per day to keep the information up to date on the electronic display that is receiveing the data from the HTML Form POSTs. I currently prefer the frequency of the tool's execution be controlled by the Windows task scheduler service.
Example of the HTML being generate by the current web interface's PHP script attached. Test system unavailable so the production URL will be provided once we are agreed on the functionality understanding.
I prefer solutions in Perl, VB/VBScript, Java, Python, but am open to alternates.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online