We have an online time-tracking (timesheet) and invoicing application called "Timetrack": http://www.timetrackonline.com.
We already have implemented CalDAV support, which means that the timesheet can be filled in from any CalDAV-compliant calendar software (including iCal on Mac, iPad and iPhone as well as Thunderbird).
We need to be able to do the same from Outlook (2010+) which does not support CalDAV.
We have thus decided to create our own Outlook Calendar add-on.
This add-on will:
* Communicate with a REST web-service (which already exists) in order to list, create, modify and delete timesheet entries
* Create an Outlook calendar named "Timetrack": all events on this calendar should be catched and directed to the web service
* Authenticate on the web service through standard HTTP digest authentication
* Work with Outlook from version 2010 on Windows and MacOS
To create a new calendar entry, the user should choose a so-called "tracker", whose list (trackers are organized in a hierarchical way, so the list is actually a tree) can also be obtained from the web service. The selected tracker can then be dropped on the calendar to create a new timesheet entry.
The web service can be extended and/or adapted if needed (we are in charge of that part).
We are looking for somebody who has at least one successful experience with the creation of an Outlook Calendar add-on.
When answering this bid please provide:
* A description of your past experience(s) with Outlook Calendar add-ons
* An overview of how you plan to proceed to meet our requirements
* Any potential pitfall or possible improvement you see regarding these requirements
We are looking forward to hear from you!