Setup a simple SMTP server
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $30 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Setup a simple SMTP server to enable a scanner (scan to pdf) to send email to our Google App based emails.
1. Scanner can only send email to an SMTP server without encryption and on default port 25 (assume that scanner is not capable of authentication).
2. This SMTP server will be setup in our intranet.
3. Internet traffic form the intranet is funneled through an ISA server firewall. You will need to tell us to open up a relevant port for the SMTP server to send out emails.
4. This SMTP server is being setup to enable the scanner to send emails (scan to pdf) our user's email boxes.
5. Our email system is Google Apps and for the scanner to connect to the Google Mail's SMTP server, it needs to authenticate, encrypt and connect over the non-default port 587. Our scanner may not be capable of doing all that.
6. You will be connecting remotely to the server by using our designated software.
7. Suggestions of a better alternative to what we are proposing are welcome.
8. Our Environment is Windows. So all solutions should be on Windows 2003 32 bit only. One of my suggestions is to use the default SMTP server that comes with windows 2003 server. Suggestions for better alternatives are welcome.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online