Position: Graduate - 2nd Line Desktop Support Professionals
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Type: 12-month, full-time and part-time contract positions
Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1992, Allied Worldwide Ltd is a leader in global outsourcing to a number of blue chip clients. With a presence across 5 continents, we employ more than 400 IT Professionals who provide local support onsite, and remote support via the global helpdesk.
As a fast-growing and dynamic Technology Outsourcing firm, we strive to constantly identify, attract, and secure the best skills, and most talented people available in the Technology industry.
This particular customer is listed on the FTSE 250 index as a Telecoms firm with offices in 20 countries in Europe.
We are seeking an IT Desktop Support Professional Graduate in Frankfurt to provide technical support in German and English for local users at the customer site.
You will be based at the Frankfurt office of a multinational organisation, supporting the site as part of a virtual technical support team. You will occasionally be required to work evenings, weekends or holidays and provide on call services where necessary and be paid overtime for this, when required.
General Summary of Role:
The successful candidate will perform several IT functions either remotely or locally, according to the processes in place. You will act as the focal point for the site to resolve issues or escalate to the appropriate support group where necessary; typical issues include application/hardware failures or installations with PC Systems, peripherals, servers, networks and other Telecoms equipment.
• Repairing PC Systems (Hardware, Operating System, Applications) and Printers independently
• Escalate incidents to the Team Lead or appropriate IT support group as required, in case of an emergency
• “Hands any Eyes” support tasks for Server and Telecommunication equipment as requested by European teams
• Change of server backup tapes as needed
• Use available time for training and growth, projects or agreed implementations with the Team lead’s knowledge and approval
• Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Proactive attitude and ability to work assigned tasks with little or no daily supervision.
• Exceptional communication both verbal and written in order to interact with other European IT teams: fluent German and English mandatory
• Active listening and support of the site team objectives are imperative
• Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately and make sound decisions in pressurized environments and to tight deadlines
• Flexibility and capable of adapting to a changing and evolving environment to meet business needs.
Technical Knowledge /Experience:
• Must have the knowledge and capability to be able to support the local site IT systems or within a very short period of time
• Extensive knowledge of the computer environment and the ability to resolve problems or issues to the satisfaction of the customer or user
• Knowledge of networking and Lotus Notes
• Ability to monitor telephone messages and keyboard support daily, as well as hardware installation and peripheral support as needed
• Microsoft Operating Systems, MAC system OS
• Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, SharePoint, Lotus Notes
• Server from IBM, DELL and Sun
• Cisco Routers, Switches and WAPs
• ERP Systems (SAP, SunSystem) • CRM System
• Remote Access of users
• Identity Management System
• Active Directory
• EDI Systems
• Software from Adobe and McAfee
33 freelancers are bidding on average $13/hour for this job
Hello sir, i am working as a system support in organisation and i am providing this kind of job which is mention in this project. so i am confident and able to do this job. Thank you.
Hello I am a native German speaker and I speak fluently also Croatian, English, French and Swiss German. I got a lot of capabilities. Please try me. Greets, Ana :)
Hello I`m young , have a lot of experience with PC and network troubleshooting and repairing. Also have good knowledge of SAP system, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint and others.
Hi my name is Rajesh Mahagaonkar from Mumbai India, I am Computer graduate, with 12 years' experience looking some extra income and ability to do hard work. Waiting for your positive response. Regards