Capture off-the-air TV to mpeg file
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $800 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I need the following:
* Create a DirectShow graph and supporting software to capture ATSC off-the-air digital TV input from a Hauppage video tuner (or other tuner you might suggest) and process it through a series of filters to create an mpeg video file. The graph requirements will be defined more completely with your help, but I have an example graph that should be useful for getting started. Video tuner hardware will be provided. This is ATSC, not PAL, so be sure you can receive ATSC before you bid on the project.
* Create a C# class that will use the C++ DirectShow graph support code to capture off-the-air video and store it as an mpeg file. The following methods (or something similar that you can suggest) will be provided:
- SetChannel: Set the input channel (physical, major, and minor channel) for the tuner and prepare for recording.
- StartRecording: Build the graph defined above and run it on a new thread for output to the mpeg file.
- StopRecording: Stop capturing and recording and discard the graph created in StartRecording.
The target platform is Windows 7 64-bit, but 32-bit development is appropriate. This work is to replace or complete a failed attempt from another developer, so existing code is available if it would be helpful. The need is immediate, since the failed project put development behind schedule.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online