Text capture on Internet Explorer
This project was awarded to Majkan for $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
For any Windows PC, when the user is using Internet Explorer (IE), we want to get the visible text that appears on the screen when IE is in focus.
- When IE is in focus, all text that appears on the screen should be captured by your program. The text does not need to be formatted properly, as long as continuous strings of text are intelligible from their original form. In other words, if the words Name, Address, City, State and ZIP appear on the screen, it's OK to provide something like this: "NameCityStateZIP".
We also want to obtain some other information from the IE window. The information we want is the following:
1) The information in the title bar
2) The text that appears on the screen
For example, on this page:
[url removed, login to view]
We should capture the following (edited to mask contact information):
VirtualLogger - SaaS Call Recording for Contact Centers (appears in the title bar)
Client Login Request a Demo Contact Us PartnersVL Partner ProgramPartner LoginNews & EventsPress ReleasesWebinarsBlogProducts & ServicesQuality MonitoringScreen CaptureeCoachingCustomer SurveysArchivingSecuritySpeech AnalyticsEmergency Recording ServiceThe VirtualLogger UpgradeePCI Compliance for EveryoneAboutSaaS AdvantageCompany OverviewOur CustomersContact Us
SaaS Advantage Better ROI More Control Eliminate Risk Company Overview Management Our Customers Contact Us
"Since VirtualLogger sells its services on a month-to-month basis, we have to earn the right to serve our clients every day" Jim Veilleux, CEO
Contact Us You can reach us at: [url removed, login to view] ext. 1103 -
Contact Form First Name Last Name Email Phone Company Title Message:
SALES: | [url removed, login to view] | All site content is © 2012 Virtual Logger, LLC. All Rights Reserved...
- We don't need to see data entered into controls. For example, if there is a text entry box for Name, we want the label "Name" and not the user-entered contents of the box.
- We only need the actual visible text (e.g. ASCII, Unicode or UTF-8 characters) and do not require that graphics that look like text (for example the letters in a logo) be converted to text using OCR.
- When the screen comes into focus, all text that appears on the screen will be captured and sent to our application.
- Because we are going to integrate this project into another program, we need the source code.
The program delivered should run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 desktops without excessive memory or CPU usage. For testing and evaluation purposes, your program should either display the data you would capture in a window, or send it to a log file.
We are posting this as a simple project but feel free to bid a higher amount. For the right results, we will pay much more.
Our intention is to take this program and extend it so that we can capture text when other applications are in focus on the screen. In other words, if the user switches focus from IE to MS Word, we will want to capture the text from the Word document along with the menus appearing from the instance of Word. This is not a requirement of this project, but if your program can capture text from other applications, you should mention that in your bid. And if you are successful with this project, you will likely be asked to help with the follow-up project to extend the program to other applications.
Also, if you can capture other information from the screen in focus, such as the attributes of the controls that appear, you should mention that.
Please don't bid on this project unless you can create a program that will capture the text as described in the example above.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online