Channel equalization is a useful technique which is commonly used to combat the distortive channel effects and effectively reduce ISI hence maximizes the probability of correct decision. The equalizers can be classified into different types: linear, decision feedback type and adaptive. The project is to construct a system model with zero forcing equalization and discuss the advantages and disadvantages introduced by the technique by comparing the system BER performance before/after equalization.
To better understand the equalization technique and its principle for improvement of digital communications system, analyze and compare the system BER performance with/without equalization.
Requirement ( Project to do list)
1) System model using QPSK modulation, Rayleigh fading channel, and AWGN and plot out BER graph without Zero Forcing equalizer
2) Same system model with equalizer (Using simplest Zero-forcing Algorithms and plot out BER graph (this graph should have better BER performance over 1)
3) Same system model with equalizer (Using advanced Zero-forcing Algorithms and plot out BER graph (this graph should have better BER performance over 1 and 2)
4) All clear figures and matlab codes are required for project report. Project need to have about 70-90 pages. Report needs to include
- Using Matlab, Breakdown individual figure (plot) of QPSK modulation, Rayleigh Fading model, Zero-forcing equalizer, QPSK demodulation whichever is possible
- BER comparison graphs
- Zero Forcing algorithms and explanations (this could be in the form of equations and calculations)
- Why advanced equalizer algorithm has better BER over simplest one
- Advantages and disadvantages introduced by the technique (Zero forcing)
- Its principle for improvement of digital communications system, the suggestions and explanations on how we can improve
Project deadline is end of October
What I have done so far -Item (1).
Please verify whether what I have done so far (matlab code) is correct and you can continue for items 2, 3 and [url removed, login to view] make necessary changes of my Matlab code whenever required.I've attached matlab code in text format.