Interprocess communication from Microsoft Word
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $200 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Required is a minimal complete prototype of a WS Word add-in, which can communicate to an external program.
* User presses a custom button in Word.
* The add-in connects to an external program. If the program is not running yet, the add-in starts the program.
* The add-in sends a message to the program and gets an answer from the program. Add-in displays the answer.
I have no experience with IPC (interprocess communication) and Word, therefore I'd like also to get:
* links to the best practices,
* explanation why you preferred your solution instead of alternatives.
* Word: starting with the version 2000
* Windows: starting with the version 2000
* External program: ideally written in Python, but other popular languages are also ok
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online