You need to install wordpress blog in subdirectory of a domain name. The website is hosted on web.com. The step by step instructions are listed below.
1. Download and unzip the WordPress package, if you haven't already.
2. Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
3. Place the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server:
* If you want to integrate WordPress into the root of your domain (e.g. [url removed, login to view]), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (but excluding the directory itself) into the root directory of your web server.
* If you want to have your WordPress installation in its own subdirectory on your web site (e.g. [url removed, login to view]), rename the directory wordpress to the name you'd like the subdirectory to have and move or upload it to your web server. For example if you want the WordPress installation in a subdirectory called "blog", you should rename the directory called "wordpress" to "blog" and upload it to the root directory of your web server.
4. Rename the [url removed, login to view] file to wp-config.php.
5. Point a web browser to start the installation script.
* If you placed the WordPress files in the root directory, you should visit: [url removed, login to view]
* If you placed the WordPress files in a subdirectory called blog, for example, you should visit: [url removed, login to view]
6. If WordPress can't find the [url removed, login to view] file, it will tell you and offer to try to create and edit the file itself. (You can do also do this directly by loading wp-admin/[url removed, login to view] in your web browser.) WordPress will ask you the database details and write them to a new [url removed, login to view] file.
7. Once you have submitted the Database Information you will receive a Welcome Screen where you enter your site title, your desired user name, your choice of a password (twice) and your e-mail address. Also displayed is a check-box asking if you would like your blog to appear in search engines like Google and Technorati. Leave the box checked if you would like your blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines, and uncheck the box if you want to block search engines, but allow normal visitors. Note all this information can be changed later in your Administration Panels.
8. When installation is complete you will receive a Success screen stating the username and password (Password will be hidden.)
71 freelancers are bidding on average $41 for this job
Hi, I have understood your requirements.Our core expertise is building Dynamic websites, using major CMS, including wordpress, joomla, and magento. Portfolio Link in PMB
Hey there inias, this is a 15 minute job - I'd need CPanel access (if you have that) & FTP info, then I can get it done straight away. I do it about 20 times a week =) All the best, Sarah.
The requirements are really easy to accomplish. I have installed and configured a number of WP sites. I just need a couple of hoursPlease have a look at my portfolio in PM.