The site is live and mostly constructed already. I just need help with some aesthetic and formatting issues. Theme is Madhat. Site URL: [login to view URL]
- Color scheme
Secondary (e.g., hyperlinks, search box): Blue
Priorities are as follows:
1) MENU: Center menu on all pages
2) BACKDROP: Create a white-ish, semi–see through backdrop for all pages' body text (see attached jpg mockup). It would be especially helpful if the coding for this could be designed such that I could copy and reuse it myself on future pages.
- It is essential that the tiled background image is still partially visible through the backdrop.
- The text needs to be easily legible
- Therefore, we need to find a sweetspot between the two considerations above
3) HEADERS: Create a white-font, black-back style for all pages (see attached jpg mockup)
4) PAGE FORMATTING: I need help designing templates. I'd like to keep the body text formatting for my pages: some (e.g., "Project 1: Restricted Viewing" under "Video" tab) are full-width so as to allow for two column formatting; others (e.g., "About My Work") are centered. In both cases, I need the header positioning to be centered and consistent across all pages on website.
5) "ABOUT MY WORK" PAGE:
- I'd like to have the text wrap around the embedded image more tightly/uniformly along top, right, and bottom borders. I'd also like to remove the white border around the image.
- I'd like to use a white-font-black-box-background style for the painting attributions (i.e., "Sea (2003), Agnes Martin" and "Erased de Kooning Drawing (1953), Robert Rauschenberg"), similar to the main header style (see attached jpg mockup)
- I need the headers for each video on the "Project 1: Restricted Viewing" page (under "Video" dropdown menu tab) to POP more. I don't know how much extra will be needed once the white backdrop is in place, but they need to be stronger, less generic/bland
- I would like to help break up the "teaching philosophy" page text with a couple images. I'd like these to wrap similarly tightly as described on 5) above for "About My Work"
- I'd like a stronger border around the pic on the "Contact" page
- I'd like to have a stronger horizontal line to replace the existing white ones (e.g., above and below "Points of Inspiration" within body text of "About My Work" page). The latter will be especially problematic against the desired white backdrop.