Create 50 XML files containing a comparisoin of online products and services from 50 websites. We have a website that allows consumers to compare products and services of online providers. We would like to add 5 new categories to our website with 10 providers in each category initially.
The work involves identifying the appropriate features to compare the products and services in each category, gathering the data for this set of features from all providers, and formatting the results into an XML format.
Here are the five new categories we'd like to launch...
1. Online Backups (like [url removed, login to view])
2. Hosted CRMs (like [url removed, login to view])
3. Remote Desktops (like [url removed, login to view])
4. VOIP Providers (like [url removed, login to view])
5. Anti-Virus (like [url removed, login to view])
There are two delivery phases for each category above...
Phase 1 - Determine the appropriate features to compare providers in the category
Phase 2 - Gather the feature data from each provider and format the data into an XML file
In Phase 1, the work involves...
* Finding existing reports/comparisons of providers to identify features often compared
* Revewing major providers features to identify important features
The goal of Phase 1 is not to identify every possible feature to compare; instead, the goal is to identify the key features important to most buyers that need to be compared.
In Phase 2, the work involves...
* Identifying the top providers in the category
* Gathering the feature data for each provider (by visiting their website, by engaging them in a live chat, by emailing them, etc)
* Formatting the feature data into an XML format
As an example, this XML might be used then to describe one of the plans of one of the backup providers...
The ideal candidate for this project is someone that...
1) Often purchases online services (especially services related to the 5 categories above)
2) Has the critical thinking skills to identify relatively important features vs. relatively unimportant features
3) Has the communication skills to communicate with the providers to understand their plan details to gather the plan detail from each provider
We'll provide several completed XML files to the winning bidder of this project.