Barcode/QR scanning using ZXING library + GET / XML + UI
This project was successfully completed by techproj for $650 USD in 14 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In14 days
I need Android app that will use ZXing library to scan barcodes and QR codes and will send and receive data to my server using GET requests and XML. Server part is out of the scope of this project and it is already up and running.
I have prepared documentation for GET requests and response XMLs, I have prepared document describing step by step functionality of app, but your suggestions are welcome. I have app's design ready in psd.
So, the app will:
- use ZXing library to scan barcodes and QR codes and get the result string (you must be able to modify ZXing scanning window to display our custom controls and data on it);
- be able to switch on flashlight if barcode or QR code is not scanned within some seconds(due to poor light) and then switch it off when code is scanned or after some interval of time.
- send GET requests to my server and read response XML from it and store data in local SQL database;
- have a service that is installed and uninstalled together with this app and that will perform comunication with server and notifications about new data while application is closed;
- have a queue that will hold the collected data if no data connection is available or server is down and will try to send it again when data connection is available;
- be in multi-language, so we will develop it in English and you will provide me some text file where I can translate all things to other languages and there must be a language switcher in this app(not in device regional settings);
- store server's URL as a variable, which value I will be able to change easily by modifying it in source code and recompiling the app;
- have a notification when newer version of app is available for download;
- be able to send/receive data over HTTP as well as HTTPS
UI will have (I have UI already designed in PSD):
- login screen
- several screens for scanning and data collection steps;
- several lists, from which specific items can be selected and previewed in seperate screens or list called and item selected for use in other screens;
- a screen for application settings (several input fields, radio buttons and checkboxes);
- a help page and a link to our online help page;
- all screens in horizontal and vertical layouts depending upon phone position.
PLEASE BID ONLY IF YOU CAN DELIVER EVERYTHING THAT IS MENTIONED HERE
- I will have full copyright for this app;
- I will have all source files;
- App will be on Android Market as a free app;
- You will provide 3 month free bugfix period;
- I will need your report on development progress every few days;
- You will be willing to provide your services in further development of this app. I am looking for a long time relationship and I also have other app projects soon to come;
- Developer with iOS skills will be prefered, because soon I will need it for iPhone too.
Thank you and good luck bidding !
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online