VB 2008 app modification with MS Access/xml/export pdf-word
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 16
I have already developed a Visual Basic 2008 application which has 5 forms. This application is supposed to be connected with MS Access 2010 so that can retrieve data (database file in the same folder of the app) and have the ability to export to PDF or Word.
What I want :
1) Connection to the database when application starts
2) Connection disconnect when the application exits
3) In a form i have a drop down menu. I want to connect this to the specific database table and retrieve data from the fields of the exact record selected. NO QUERIES. NO NESTED TABLES. DATABASE IS VERY SIMPLE, ONLY 3 TABLES. The data retrieved
will send the appropriate field value to a variable that will tell you.
4) I want ALL the data of the form to be able to be saved in a XML file for
SAVE/LOAD the whole project with its value. So when I press SAVE, will save
to the disk as a file (browse to what folder i want). Of course when i press LOAD
will browse to the folder i want and OPEN the file that i want. All the objects of the
forms that want to be saved are either inputboxes or calculated.
5) There is also an MS Excel 2010 file in the folder of the project, i want to have the
ability to export it as a pdf. No work for that excel about its data. Just export it
as a pdf feature (saves to disk and then opens)
6) I have finally one form that i must have the ability to SAVE/EDIT/DELETE the
records/field values of the database tables. 3 tables i repeat.
IMPORTANT NOTES ***************************
NO EXTRA WORK for the SO FAR CODE will be needed. Just db connection,
retrieve table record in dropdown, put to variables for further use of me,
save load of xml and export to PDF, ability to edit the database with form using
a simple component through a form.
DATABASE is MS OFFICE 2010, and has ONLY 3 tables. No relations, or nested. Just data.
The WINNING FREELANCER must provide/send me so far code about each step for
testing in my computer.
About me : I am a very reliable employer, check my history and feedback. I pay 100% but I want the job to be done.
Reasonable price will be accepted right away, and EXTRA PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED if i need simple modifications (for example export another pdf or word or lets say a small chart)
Can provide screenshot or even files only to the interesting offers to the freelancers just to have an idea.
This project is urgent and i want at least to show the task1, task2, task3 and task6 by Wednesday (11 January) or at least Thursday morning (12 January) so you can have time to work on save/load (task4) and export (task5) for these later. Will not wait for extra bidding if i see a nice offer and will accept right away.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online