• A number of marketing companies and social commentators have begun to discuss in the broader public arena the notion that there exists a generational cohort that is profoundly different from those that have preceded it.
• This cohort is variously referred to as Generation Y, the Net or Web generation, the Echo Boomers or the Millennials and this label is used to refer to people born between 1977 and 1994.
• At the core of the descriptions of Generation Y is a belief that this cohort exhibits a distinctive and unique pattern of values, attitudes and behaviours that have important implications for how they will respond to, and create change in, a number of public and social arenas.
• Understanding and researching Gen Y is a core theme which will run through the on-course assessment in this subject
• Complete a more detailed 10 page research proposal based on your approved summary (at the bottom of this file) which will provide more information on how you will tackle the chosen research problem.