(Airport Passenger Process Mapping and Evaluation)
word limit:1500 words (plus or minus 100 words) excluding the process chart. Text to be word processed.
Learning outcomes to be assessed (from module specification:1. Appreciate the basic scope of OM and have an understanding of how this function contributes to the realisation of organisational objectives in a competitive environment
2. use skills and knowledge to solve some important problems in a manufacturing or service environment
3. Ability to analyse both OM theory and applications.
3. To manage their own learning by organising their own work…….and meeting targets
4. IT: use electronic information sources
5. written communications
detalis of the task: For a chosen international airport you are to construct a process chart (see example in week 3 lecture notes on blackboard),,(i ll post the example)detailing approximately 30 process activities for the departure and arrivals processes for a holiday trip by airplane (i.e. leaving and coming back to the same airport). Your chart is to include:
• List of activities including queuing
• Classify each activity as an operation, transport, inspection, storage or delay
• For each activity add a rough estimate of process time or distance for your chosen airport
• Discuss each activity listed in your process chart. Critically evaluate your process chart.
• Indentify three potential improvements in your chosen airport and consider what changes are required and quantify the benefits.
Your assignment is to be about 1500 words excluding the process chart (plus or minus 100 words) and the text word processed.
Reference any books with page number, articles, papers or websites used as sources of [url removed, login to view] time of excced