We are looking for a talented Visual FX artist(s) whom will be able to create a whole 3D environment and CGI touches for our short film "Forbidden". The short film, which was shot using Red 4K cameras at Ealings Studios last year, has already been edited and now requires substantial effects work. The film was shot 100% on Blue Screen so in addition to the CGI/Matte Paintings required, a person that can complete the compositing is essential.
Recommended software skills would include Maya, Studio Max, After Effects, EyeOn Vue & Terragen. What software and methods you use however, is entirely up to you, just as long as you can make this look like the next Avatar!
This short film will be doing the Film Festival circuit once complete so very high quality effects are essential. The bulk of the work is creating the environment for the characters.
The film is approximately 11 minutes but EVERY shot requires FX work. There are over 140 shots to handle, spread over several scenes (bulk of shots are simply different angles). The master edit is at 4K which we would like to maintain. We have already uploaded the entire film as a JPEG 24-bit 4K sequence to Rapidshare for you to work from (32GB - a good broadband connection would be essential).
Overview of the FX work:
1. Creation of the Garden of Eden backdrop for entire film, with variations depending on scene and angle, including ultra wide angle shots that are 100% CGI (with moving camera ideally). This can be achieved by whatever method you prefer (Matte Paintings, CGI, Camera Projection etc.) just as long as it looks good and not static - even if it’s just a bit of wind blowing, clouds moving, bird flying etc. I’m hoping we can be epic with expansive landscapes.
2. Keying/tracking of entire film and compositing of elements into it
3. Generation of moving clouds and smoke, ideally swirling or creative to complement the premonition sequence and other shots scattered throughout film
4. The footage used in the premonition sequence is subject to change and in general the whole sequence needs jazzing up. I’d like to see in Eve's eyes reflected what she is seeing. I’m thinking lots of light and particles, things blowing everywhere. Really dramatic. Open to suggestions!
5. CGI snake – it’s only around 30 seconds of footage but need a serpent created and animated, interacting with the actors (Lucifer, Eve). This sequence is not quite working as it is so would require perhaps a couple of few second shots 100% CGI of snake slithering towards camera in a CG environment (to complement the live) as not enough footage was shot.
6. Lucifer leaping from a mountain, swirls of smoke (utilising the limited footage shot) as well as a 100% CGI tracking shot of Lucifer falling down a cliff side in his smoke form, with the smoke violently hitting towards camera as he falls.
7. Removal of nude suits on actors: The director has asked me to crop the edit to 2:35:1 so this may cure a lot of the shots, however, that still may leave a couple of shots visible.
8. CGI doubles of actors to place them within CG world from wide, moving shots (far enough away so photo-real is not essential)
Attached is the shot list breakdown with thumbnails and brief description of what is required. We have a desired completion date by 25th November which may be a bit of a push (we were let down by our previous VFX house). Priority however is to the quality, I'd rather miss the deadline and get it right, rather than rush it and have the whole project look like it belongs on the SyFy channel.
To be successful in your bid, I'll be looking for:
1. Links to your showreel/previous projects so I can see the quality of your work
2. That you can provide all of the shots required (I would strongly recommend you create a small team)
3. That you can ideally complete this project during November
4. You can work remotely from your own equipment
5. That you promise to keep myself and Director updated throughout
Budget is up to £2k.
20 freelancers are bidding on average £1930 for this job
Architect and 3D Designer, 16 years of experience in CAD design with AutoCAD, 3Ds Max Certified Designer and Instructor by Autodesk® *(Check PM for details and examples)
We find your project very interesting. Professional 3d studio with over 5 years experience. High quality work at low cost. Please check PM for more information.
we are group of artists...we do work for films....we have creative and technical artists and render support....we can deliver the good quality output...i hope we have a chance to get this....
Hi, here's my DEMOREEL: [url removed, login to view] I have 10 years experience as a general 3D Artist. I specialize in Shading, Lighting, Simulation, Rendering, MatchMoving, Compositing and MAXScript.
Skilled visual effects artist here. Watched the youtube link, and seems like a pretty interesting project. Sent a link to my demoreel in your inbox. Have a look.