This position is only for chandigarh based freelancers, as freelancer has to work from our office based out in Tri-city Chandigarh. Overall project is 9-12 months long.
- As a Data Warehouse Engineer in our team, you should have a proven ability to deliver high quality work on time and with minimal supervision.
- Develops or modifies procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security and integration issues for various clients (on-site and off-site).
- Design, develop, test, and support the data warehouse solution.
- Adapt best practices and industry standards, ensuring top quality deliverables and playing an integral role in cross-functional system integration.
- Design and implement formal data warehouse testing strategies and plans including unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, performance testing, and validation testing.
- Evaluate all existing hardwares and softwares according to required standards and ability to configure the hardware clusters as per the scale of data.
- Data integration using enterprise development toolsets (e.g. ETL, MDM, Quality, CDC, Data Masking, Quality).
- Maintain and develop all logical and physical data models for enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
- Contributes to the long-term vision of the enterprise data warehouse (EDW) by delivering Agile solutions.
- Interact with end users/clients and translate business language into technical requirements. Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
- Participate in data warehouse health monitoring and performance optimisations as well as quality documentation.
- Should be flexible to move to client location on requirement.
Required Candidate profile
- 3+ years experience working in software development & data warehouse development for enterprise analytics.
- 2+ years of working with Python with major experience in Redshift as must and exposure to other warehousing tools
- Deep expertise in data warehousing, dimensional modelling and the ability to bring best practices with regard to data management, ETL, data governance.
- Experience working with data retrieval and manipulation tools for various data sources like: Relational (MySQL)
- Experience with analytic and reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS).
- Experience in various DevOps practices helping the client to deploy and scale the systems as per requirement.
- Strong foundation in Algorithms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with other developers and business client.
- Knowledge of Logistics and/or Transportation Domain is a plus.
- Ability to handle/ingest very huge data sets (both real time data and batched data) in an efficient manner.
- EDW architecture should be scalable enough to handle the growth of data for next 5-10 years with minimum changes involved.