We are looking for a developer or a team with a strong track record and proven success in developing amazing mobile applications specifically Android. If you are familiar with the Android best practices from [url removed, login to view] that would be excellent.
We have a complete html wireframe touching every aspect of the UI and the app. Now you need to code it.
The web service will be a mysql database residing on a very fast server (Amazon EC2/S3/Heroku/App Engine/your advice). Users will login with Facebook or native credentials. All user content is stored online/cached locally. If users switch devices, they can pickup where they left off seamlessly.
Each user will record GPS tracks between pre-determined GPS markers (from [url removed, login to view]) and can freely select start and end marker. Start marker will be recommended by geocoding the user location and matching it with our closest pre-existing markers. Seamless user experience between online and offline mode is required.
The app will upload the recorded track to the database once finished. The database will a) sort this content based on queries, and b) put together meaningful statistics based on the aggregated content and c) personalize the statistics depending on who is viewing and on which screen they are in the app. The users can choose to view previously recorded tracks as a path/layer on a google map.
1. Solid understanding of GPS, all google maps API's, geocoding and reverse geocoding, GPS tracks/layers/canvas, [url removed, login to view] and other services.
2. Solid understanding of client/server architecture and syncing/caching/etc. The app will work both online and offline and this should not interfere with the user experience.
3. Android is second nature to you and you have preferably been involved in the Android game since day one. You value consistency and understand Android best practices.
4. You are a MySQL wizard and can surprise us by suggesting ingenious ways of making our database architecture superfast and accessible by tens of thousands of users querying at once.
5. You have the necessary Facebook skills to allow users to login and post updates. You can build a Facebook page that aggregates all user activity and displays it on one page.
Bonus: If you can do graphics, let us know. We need a few icons (about 50). Mostly though, we want beautiful code.
1. Reply to question 1-5 above with your comments/thoughts/experience.
2. Provide links to well-coded Android apps in the Google Play Store with similar characteristics to ours that you have built. These will be scrutinized & asked about! We will also ask for references before hiring you.
3. Tell us whether or not you can do graphics. If you are a supreme coder / not graphics, we can outsource the graphics part to someone else.
4. Write "googlemaps" in your reply to show us that you pay attention to detail.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $31/hour for this job
Hello, We are a mobile application development company based in UAE and are keenly interested in delivering the Android project of yours. Please view the details in your inbox and evaluate the details. Thank you.
I have 5+ years of experience with web development, SEO, App design and development. For more details, please check your private message board for more details regarding this project..