A series of options are going to be put to a group of users who will vote whether they agree or disagree with the option. The voters are allowed to change their decision for a set period of time (during discussion of the subject). These results are entered into a SQL database which is then polled to display a various analytics on external displays. We expect the easiest way to do this is to display the information as a web page/web app as the devices need to be portable.
The system will consist of the following elements:
- Main server (SQL) - a central hub, storing results of all voting throughout.
- Input tablets (android or otherwise) - (wired) for entering details of the voters (age, sex, marital status etc.) before voting begins. Each voter is assigned an ID number. That ID number is linked to the voting system below.
- Voting System - (wired) a serial feed is received from an external, proprietary system which will show if voters have voted yes or no. Voters are able to change their decision throughout the set amount of time.
- Output devices - (wireless) showing the various statistics generated from the voting input. We need to show trends and patterns across the voting window.
- Master Console - (wired/wireless) A tablet/touchscreen device which will control all aspects of the voting system:
-- Starting voting
-- Ending voting
-- When to display analytics on output devices
- Possible MIDI output - (wired) We may wish to implement a MIDI output based on the commands sent from the master console.
The successful freelancer will be proficient in knowledge of android, SQL, serial integration with various devices and web app integration.
A preliminary working system will need to be completed by 19th December, with styling changes being made in the weeks following. Final delivery must be made on 8th January.
Further work is available depending on the success of this project.