We supply GNSS equipment to land surveyors in various segments including irrigation design, civil construction, etc. Our company name is MMS Design ([login to view URL])
We require an Android app for construction machine control. Basically, our equipment will be mounted on a machine and the exact position of two GPS receiver antennas will be calculated in our GPS system which will then be transmitted via a WiFi port to the APP. The position data is an NMEA GGA string. We already have the libraries for the wifi connection and to receive the NMEA ASCII type string and a description of the GGA string.
We need the following:
1) Display positioning data on the APP for a machine operator like a bulldozer driver or tar roller or pole planter or borehole drill.
2) We need to be able to load CAD lines or points or circles that we supply in, for example, DXF, SHP, XML, or KML files into a job file onto the tablet.
3) The data need to be displayed on a basic but intuitive interface
4) The machine operator needs to be able to select a line or point and then there must be a large arrow that navigates the operator to the line or point with distance and direction to travel from his current position.
5) If it is a line, the machine needs to stay on the line so there must be some sort of display showing how far the machine is offline and the operator should use this as a tool to navigate back onto the line with his/her machine.
6) The app must be able to zoom out and zoom in to the data and be able to keep a constant work zoom factor to keep the operator on a fixed proportional scale while driving the vehicle.
7) There need to be a report to show distance traveled
8) He needs to be able to start and stop a job and pause, but if there is much movement there must be an auto distance log to calculate fuel usage based on distance traveled.
9) For construction rollers we need to show the width of the roller covering an area, kind of like an opaque color fill as the roller moves the road is colored in where he moved. If at any point the area is traversed, the opacity overlap should change to a new color to indicate how many times he rolled over that same area with any part of the roller. This will give the operator indication of how many passes he completed. If the operator rolled the roller over an area say more than 3 times, the amount he overlapped will be a production loss. The App must be able to show areas where "over rolling" took place and calculate that area and equate it back to time and fuel wasted as part of a report for management.
10) For the roller we need to be able to indicate an area to be rolled, how many passes we require, and then the roller operator starts to "color" in the area as efficiently as possible. We need to be able to fence him into the area and warn him if he is outside the fenced area or if there is too much overlap.
11) Results must export into KML or KMZ and PDF and/or CSV and TXT files.
12) The PDF document attached includes more specs. We are prepared to work in phases. There is a lot more to this spec which I will make known soon. This is our first attempt at freelancer.com and I need some advice from a developer friend. We will post this detail soon.