We have developed a GUI application in Qt 4.6 (C++) that is used currently on a Linux-based platform. We want to rewrite the entire application in Java so that it can be used on the Android platform. It will be deployed on an Android tablet and not listed in the Android market.
Application: The application is a media application which is used to playback multimedia (video and image) files to the user based on certain user input. (Screenshots can be provided at a later stage)
Libraries/programs used: libpng, DirectFB, freetype, zlib, jpeg-8c, tslib, ALSA, MAI player (proprietary media player that uses hardware acceleration on the NetLogic Alchemy Au1250 processor that is currently used)
The entire source code is available, along with the current used libraries - this will be provided once an NDA (attached to the project) is signed.
- Version control will need to be managed through SVN during the project
- Entire source code will need to be transferred
- Access to any Android tablet for testing will be preferred
To apply, please:
1. Sign, scan and send the NDA
2. Answer the following questions:
- What experience do you have with development in Android? Please provide examples and screenshots
- Have you ever ported any application to Java from C++?
- Have you ever used Qt before?