I am looking to have an animation of motions of a catheter and sheath, driven by HID controls. There are two components in the animation, a catheter with a loop on the end and a sheath with a slight fixed bend. Each can move independently or together.
• Forward/Reverse (Advance/Retract): Whole body of the catheter moves forward/reverse along the body axis.
• Bending (Articulation): Some portion of the end of the catheter, with the loop, bends over at least 180 degrees, both left and right from the straight position.
• Rotate CW & CCW: Catheter rotates along the body. That is, if bent, rotate around the straight portion just before the bend.
• Loop Diameter: Loop is adjusted between approximately 360 degrees and 420 degrees, decreasing/increasing in diameter respectively.
Sheath Motions: Moving the sheath while keeping the catheter orientation and extension
• Forward/Reverse: Whole body of the sheath moves forward/reverse along the body axis, while catheter extension remains unchanged, though the catheter end may move, because of how catheter exits through bend in sheath (see video).
• Rotate CW/CCW: Sheath rotates along the body, while catheter orientation remains unchanged, though the catheter end may move, because of how catheter exits through bend in sheath (see video).
Combined Catheter/Sheath motions:
• When the controls are set in a mode to move both together, both the sheath motions would include moving the catheter in the same motion (both sheath and catheter move as one).
The HID device will have three controls: forward/reverse, rotate, and diameter adjust. The device would also have a three position switch to set whether the forward/reverse and rotate controls move the catheter only, sheath only, or both together.
We are looking for a simple stick figure quality animation that can still indicate 3D rotation. Visual realism (looks like a multi-poled diagnostic catheter) is NOT necessary nor desired. This is to be used for user preference testing (which controls are best for driving these functions) and we do not want conflicts in realism to influence the results. A basic featureless grey tube (perhaps a shade change at the bending point) for the catheter and a white tube for the sheath (see pic). No background other than perhaps a grained texture for contrast to help indicate motion.
Doesn't really matter which tool you use to make it (Blender, Maya, QT, …) , assuming I don’t have to purchase software to run it (downloading a driver or player is fine).
Let me know what you think?
We would like this within three weeks’ time. If not possible within three weeks, then how long? What is your price range?
Just to clarify. I am looking for an Interactive animation. Not just an animated movie. Like a game. It requires code to respond to user input. HID (joystick, etc.) or keyboard if needed.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $1994 for this job
Hello, i am a professional 3D-generalist and can do this in high quality. I can start immediately. Please have a look at your inbox for samples. Best Regards, Chris