The task is to develop software for the control of a toaster using the Arduino kit.
The toaster has the following features:
- Start functioning/stop pushbutton.
- Toaster ON/OFF indication (LED)
- Toast lever sensor (pushbutton)
- Toast lever indicator (LED)
- Browning control (simulated through potentiometer), using 6 LEDs to
specify the time left.
- Smoke detector (simulated through potentiometer) and indicator (LED).
The following requirements regarding functioning of the toaster are given:
- Write a program so it waits for an ON/OFF switch to be pressed and turns on a
toaster ON/OFF LED.
- Following this, continue the program so it waits for the toast lever to be pressed
down (you may simulate this with a pushbutton) and turns ON a second LED.
- A POT is used to determine the time the toaster should be ON. For simulation
purposes, a full scale POT value, 1023, should correspond to a time of 6 seconds
(the user is expected to move the browning control to the desired setting).
- 6 LEDs will be flashing and displaying the time left in the cycle (6 LEDs ON if 6
seconds are left, then 5 and so on until all LEDs are OFF).
- Once the cycle has finished, the toast should be ejected so the toast lever
indicator should be OFF.
School of Engineering and the Environment. Coursework Assessment Brief. Page 3 of 10
- Smoke is measured with a photo sensor (simulated with a POT). An LED which
luminosity is proportional to the smoke detected, indicates the level of smoke. If
the smoke is higher than 80% full scale of the ADC, a smoke warning should be
indicated by flashing the LED and a playing a sound. The toast should then be
ejected (turning OFF the appropriate LEDs).
6 freelancers are bidding on average £32 for this job
I am an Arduino/microcontroller programmer. I have strong experience in the C/C++ language. I can help you with your project. kindly contact me for details. Thanks, Ramy
I am mechatronics engineer, working as embedded software engineer. I am familiar with arduino, C programming, and made more project in this track, then I can make your task. So let me hear from you soon.