On Page SEO Blog Editor needed that knows the fitness niche in and out.
I have a blog in the muscle building niche.
The reader is a 23 year old male that lives for the gym. He loves doing everything that he can so that he can achieve the ideal male body. He says he doesn’t go to the gym to get girls, but we all know that it would be a nice side-benefit for him. Arnold Schwarzenegger is his idol.
The blog publishes one article per day.
It receives blog articles from 3-4 different writers.
Each blog article is from 800 - 2,000 words in length.
I’d like to hire a Blog Editor that knows On-Page SEO in and out to become a part of the team.
Most of the writers are high quality and understand the tone of voice. So not much proofreading is needed. They have good on-page SEO knowledge as well.
However I need an expert to take their work and on-page SEO to the next level, as well as freeing up my time by taking on the Editor role.
Main responsibility is:
- Receive articles from the writers and make them 100% ready for publishing.
- The Editor must be excellent with On Page SEO.
- The Editor must also understand how to optimize for social shares and clicks.
- We use WordPress, therefore the person must know the platform
- furthermore the person absolutely needs to know the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Must have knowledge / experience working in the fitness or muscle building niche
Here’s approximately each step that the On Page SEO Blog Editor will perform for each submitted article (7 per week):
- Proof read the article and split the article where it makes sense so that each paragraph has only 1-3 sentences (which makes it easier to read )
- Add bucket brigades if needed throughout the article to keep the reader hooked when content is about to get heavy, such as ("Look: ", "Here's the deal: ", "What's the bottom line? "and so on)
- Put important words, keywords and sentences in bold
- Rewrite sentences if necessary so that article has the right tone of voice for our audience (further description will be given)
- Rewrite sentences so that article is more SEO keyword / key phrase optimised
- Rewrite sub-headlines so that article is more SEO keyword / key phrase optimised
- IMPORTANT: optimise article using the guidelines that the Yoast plugin gives you
- IMPORTANT: Do further On Page SEO's for article
- Insert images throughout the article and make sure images have been optimised for speed before uploading them
- Highlight important key sentences using the block quote feature in WordPress
- Write the SEO Meta Description and Headline (you’re allowed to edit the headline so that it’s more SEO optimised)
- Optimise for social media:
- 1. Creating an engaging click worthy headline that will only be used when shared on Facebook
- 2. Put together an attention grabbing featured image that displays when published on Facebook
- Schedule each article for publishing so that 1 article gets published per day
Most articles are submitted on a Sunday so you have the option on working on all 7 for the week on the same day and then schedule them for publishing.