Freelance writer rate + site credits + various perks
Minimum 3-month commitment & min. 1 feature per month
Location: Anywhere in the known universe with an internet connection OR from our offices in LA, Mexico City, or York, UK
Who we are: Always now, forever independent
Film Daily is an online platform connecting audiences with indie filmmakers via news, views, and reviews.
Our publication is growing quickly and we’re looking for a team of talented freelance scribes to write about the ever-expanding world of indie film, filmmaking, film festivals, and content streaming.
Our target audience is Gen Z, Gen X, and Millennials. We aim to keep our audience entertained about entertainment.
We foster a culture of communication, community, teamwork, and collaboration. Join us now!
We need streaming savvy content writers to join our team. You’ll love indie film and peak/cinematic TV and keep up to date with entertainment news. You’ll be able to write quickly, accurately and legally and know how to pitch an editor.
• Film & TV obsessive
• You know your Kurosawa from your Kubrick, your Lynch from your Leigh, your Girls from your Broad City.
• High achiever
• You (think you) understand the way the film & TV industries works.
• You know how to use web searches to learn new skills.
• Dedicated lifelong learner
• Looking for a new challenge
• Willing to do whatever it takes to achieve results
• Able to prioritize your workload
• You think change in Hollywood is long overdue.
• Impressive portfolio of published articles
• Desire to work as a journalist or editor
• Understanding of the way online publications work
• You know A LOT about film and TV.
• Words are just about your favorite thing.
• You live on the internet.
• You can take a complicated story and cut it down to 280 characters.
What we can offer
• Access to stream endless films & TV
• Paid rates per article
• Full credit/author page
• As few or as many hours as you’d like
• Film Daily is looking for the voices of your generation
• We need contributors for our hungry website
• Must have some social media and Wordpress experience
Find out what a day in the life of a Film Daily content writer looks like: [login to view URL]
Apply now: [login to view URL]
30 freelancers are bidding on average $102 for this job
Hi, My name is Tandi and I have been binge-watching for years! I have experience in content writing, copy writing and writing for business. I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards