I am looking for a teaching or programming expert to help create a 2 hour introductory course on how to use scratch for kids.
Goals of this project.
1) Create a teaching guide that will help guide a child (ages 7-11 that has never used scratch before) the fundamentals of how the scratch program works
2) Children should be able to finish the course with the ability to use scratch on their own and complete a very simple interactive game before leaving the class
3) In addition to creating a teachers guide, I also require an illustrated and easy to follow student guide that they can take home after they finish the class - this should be step based with lots of screenshots
Students should have the following understanding when they complete the course.
- Scratch programming concepts: conditionals, loops, functions, and variables
- High level understanding of Scratch Art
- High level understanding of Scratch specific concepts: broadcasting, cloning
- High level understanding of basic debugging techniques
- Ability to create a very simple interactive game at the end of the course that summarizes what they learned
The teachers guide and student tutorial MUST be original content, in text and image format and must pass copyscape. Screenshots and visuals are required.
If you think you are the right candidate, please respond to the following questions in your bid
1) Have you used Scratch before? How much experience do you have?
2) Provide me a sample of any tutorial you may have created previously.
Depending on the success and quality of your work, more advanced sub topic and other coding tutorial projects could become available.