HI, for this essay I will need a high 2:1 grade (U.K.)
3000 words. Minimum of 15 references.
Due: 10/12/2017 at 11pm
I've attached 5 powerpoints that my lecturer said we can include, so there's one lecture slide for each of the topics you can choose from (option of 5).
There is a choice of essay titles, where we pick one question to do from the following questions:
1) WHAT ARE THE ARGUMENTS PRO AND AGAINST SAME-SEX MARRIAGE AND ADOPTION BY SAME-SEX COUPLES? HOW HAS THIS DEBATE BEEN REFLECTED IN HUMAN RIGHTS DEBATES IN EUROPE?
2) WHAT IMPACT HAS THE 1980S HIV/AIDS CRISIS HAD ON LGBT SOCIAL MOVEMENTS AND THEIR HUMAN RIGHTS CLAIMS?
3) WHY DO INTERSEX ACTIVISTS PUSH FOR THE PROSCRIPTION OF THE SO-CALLED “NORMALISING INTERSEX SURGERIES”? WHY IS THIS A HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUE?
4) WHAT ARE THE PROBLEMS LGBTI ASYLUM SEEKERS MAY FACE WHEN APPLYING FOR PROTECTION IN A HOST COUNTRY? DISCUSS WITH RELEVANT EXAMPLES.
5) CAN HUMAN RIGHTS BE USEFUL TO FIGHT AGAINST SEXUAL VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND MEN? ANSWER PROVIDING PRACTICAL EXAMPLES.
This is the details of the assignment:
Your essay should be structured as the following:
a. Introduction + background of the chosen issue
b. Discussion of the literature (literature review)
c. Application of the literature to the specific problem (through critical analysis, practical examples
from empirical research which support your argument)
i.e. if you write about HIV and activism you can illustrate your point by referring to examples in
which the LGBT community reacted to the HIV crisis in the 1980s … and so forth
e. Conclusion and hints for further reflections
In order to get a better grade you need to critically engage with the relevant literature. Articles and books can be used.