We design micro simulations (apps and web based) that are healthcare nurse cases, designed to enable critical thinking and decision making. Currently we have 10 documents that are up to 24 pages each that need to be edited for the following:
• Weird capitalization in the middle of sentences (cardiac arrest is not a proper noun? ventricular fibrillation is not a proper noun?)
• Failure to detail the written-out version of each abbreviation at its first mention
• Use of medical slang (e.g., “cath lab” when it should be “interventional radiology”)
• Lack of consistency within the case description – the MI one mentioned admission to both the critical cardiac unit (this is not a thing – should be cardiac care unit (CCU) and the telemetry floor (big difference between telemetry floor and CCU)
• Use of “obvious” non-answers in the action steps – AORN requested higher difficulty with more logical distractors.
• Use of non-answers that do not apply to the team member – too obvious that a compressor would NOT be giving an albuterol treatment in the middle of a code
• Lack of using up-to-date equipment – biphasic defibrillators are current technology; monophasic defibrillators are former technology
• Not using generic drug names
We have uploaded an example to the above points.
8 freelancers are bidding on average $442 for this job
Hi, I am a doctor, published medical writer, searcher, researcher, editor and proofreader. I can provide you quality editing and proofreading. Let us talk!