ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Wizard on Demand, we create technical articles, blog posts and guides for software companies around the world. We are a small, distributed team with no physical office — everyone works online. We are looking for part-time Technical Writers to join our team (multiple positions).
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Technical Writer you can expect to:
Do research on the topics of software development, machine learning, and industrial automation to understand the areas you’ll be writing about. We’re here to help you out and answer questions at all times.
Write articles on these topics based on the outlines we provide. At first you’ll be pairing with other writers on the task, and eventually you’ll be writing articles yourself from start to end.
Work with our technical editor to polish the grammar and make your articles as interesting to read as possible.
The following requirements are a must-have for us:
Currently enrolled into a Bachelors or Masters degree or a research program for Computer Science.
Great written and spoken English (native or C2 equivalent and above).
Interest in explaining complicated subjects in simple language.
Your own laptop which you can work on, plus a quiet space with Internet access that you can work from (your home, the university library, a café, etc).
WHAT WE OFFER
We believe this job is a great fit for Computer Science students for two reasons:
1. After working with us, the clarity of your technical writing increases dramatically. This means you can produce more readable and engaging papers, theses and presentations, as well as stand out with your writing skills when applying to the positions at other companies
2. The companies we work with are startups in the areas of software development tooling, machine learning, and industrial automation. By writing about these industries you’ll learn about the tendencies and new developments and will be able to bring the learnings back to your studies and your future career.
We, of course, offer fair compensation, a flexible work schedule that adapts to your studies, and a kind, supportive and empathetic team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to the contact address on this ad and include the following information:
1. A few sentences about you: what program you are currently studying, and 2-3 interests outside of your studies.
2. A link to a technical text you’ve written recently. It could be a link to a blog post, an assignment you’ve done, a document you’ve written, anything at all.
3. A list of 3 topics within Computer Science that you find interesting.
4. Your availability: hours/week that you’d like to dedicate to working with us.
18 freelancers are bidding on average $18/hour for this job
hi, I can do, I have read your description and will provide you quality work.I'm a PHD writer and 7-8 year of experience. Please award me the project so that we can discuss it more. Thanks!
Hi. I will help with your technical writing. I am a PHD writer and have 4-5 years writing experience. Please contact me for this project so we can discuss it more... Thanks You!
I have a bachelors in journalism. Experience in article writing, blogging and I have also written a short book. I have copy editing experience & I am detail oriented. I always meet my deadlines