AD Sync tool should perform a one-way synchronization from a client`s Active Directory database to supplier`s Active Directory database.
- Synchronization of name, contact info, user details, group membership, and password information to Exchange 2010 server
- Selective attribute synchronization
ADSync is an integration application that focuses on synchronizing an external Active Directory’s entities to a hosted Exchange provider’s infrastructure. Its primary use is for large organizations that already have an AD infrastructure to forward their user updates to their hosted Exchange provider’s environment and provide a “same login” experience to their users.
- Client application should periodically scan local AD configuration for changes.
- As soon as changes are made it should connect to Exchange server`s ECP via SOAP(EWS) and perform necessary actions using Exchange organization administrators` account.
- Destination server domain name should be hardcoded
- Access to powershell and direct access to Exhange server are restricted due to security reasons.
- Exchange organization administrators` account have full control on Exchange organization.
Application aims to:
- Provide a “same login” experience for users (minimizing the number of different username/password combination per user).
- Minimize system administrators’ overhead when doing user management.
- Be simple and straightforward to setup and manage (as opposed to highly customizable).
- Automate and streamline the handling of service assignments to users - mailboxes.
- Function as a local system service on the AD Server.
Graphical User Interface:
End users should be able to configure the following settings:
1. Web service username
2. Web service password
3. Web service organization name
1. Proxy server IP address
2. Proxy server username
3. Proxy server password
4. Proxy server port
1. Syncronization period in minutes
2. Active Directory domain name
3. Active Directory root LDAP path (LDAP path to organizational unit)
1. Email Setup
2. Notification on critical errors
ADSync handles these client events:
1. User creation
2. Updates of user attributes
- First Name
- Last Name
- Display Name
- User Logon Name
* Contact Information
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Work Phone
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Direct reports
3. User deletion
4. User password changes