- NOTE: THIS SITE MUST BE WRITTEN IN ASP.NET USING C# ... IF YOU CANNOT OFFER THIS SERVICE PLEASE DO NOT BID -
Need a fun creative website for a dance school. 90% of the dancers are girls between 5 and 16 to the web design needs to appeal to them.
Web site needs to have the following features:
- Main page with Flash animation, some welcome text and a spot for 'new' updated information
- Page called 'About Us' that talks about the school and each of the dance instructors
- 'Newsletter' page that can contain monthly articles
- 'Classes Offered' page that describes the different types of dance
- 'Class Schedule' page that shows a Calendar schedule for TWO locations. This page MUST have the following:
(1) Administrator must be able to EASILY upload a pre-formatted Excel file, and the web page will automatically update to read that data. Every time the Excel file is updated and re-uploaded, the web page will change to reflect those changes.
(2) Second, there must be a link at the top of the page so the visitor can see a 'printable' version of the schedule
- 'Dance Attire' page that lists the dancewear required for each type of dance class
- 'Calendar of Events' page that shows upcoming events. Administrator MUST be able to easily edit the contents of this page but NOT the layout of this page.
- 'Event Photos' page that has links for events. When the user clicks on the events they see all of the photos from that event. I need a way for the Administrator to EASILY create and delete event categories. For example, an admin-only page (password protected of course) that the Admin logs into, and then clicks a button 'Add Event'. The user types in 'Chicago Performance Sept 2006' (for example). Next the website prompts the admin to browse for a local folder containing photos. Admin must be able to upload multiple photos at once - not one at a time because there could be 20-50 pictures per event. Once the admin uploads the photos, the web app will automatically create a category called 'Chicago Performance Sept 2006' and clicking on that category will bring the user to another page which shows thumbnails of all of the photos on the left-hand side, and clicking once on each thumbnail will show a larger picture on the right. The thumbnails must always be constrained to a certain size (for consistency) and the larger photos must also be constrained to a certain size. The Admin must also have a way to log in and add captions to each picture, add additional pictures to a current category, rearrange pictures, and delete pictures. I think an Ajax interface for this would be really nice!
- 'Dance Company' page that describes a non-profit dance company, and lists current info for dance company performances and also lists the dance company members.
- 'Contact Us' page so customers can see a map of the local city, or they can enter their address and click 'Get Directions' and see a Google-style hybrid map (satellite photo map with text overlay), AND a 'contact us' form so users can fill out a form and request info
- 'Register On-Line' page - Normally when a customer wants to register to dance at the school he/she (or their parents) fill out a pre-printed form. We want to give them the opportunity to enter all of this info on-line instead of filling out a form. They must be able to select the class(es) they want to register for (and of course the list of classes is pulled directly from the Excel spreadsheet described above in the 'Class Schedule' section). They also include basic informations such as their name, child's name, phone number, etc. Whenever someone fills out this form and clicks the submit button: (1) they get an auto reply e-mail that says "Thank you for registering for ...[class name(s)]. Someone will be in contact with you very soon!" (2) Second, an e-mail needs to be sent to us so that we know someone has registered, and (3) third, the info they have entered needs to be written to a database that of course only WE have access to.
- 'Make Payment On-Line' page. New users must register with e-mail address and password, student name and student number. Once they log on they will see their current classes as well as how much money they owe and the due date. they should be able to pay on-line (SECURELY!) using credit card (Visa or MasterCard). We do not want to store their credit card number but we DO of course need to know that the payment was processed, the funds were deposited into our bank account, and store the payment date, amount, method, last 4 (maybe) of their credit card number, and the transaction number. We should have an Admin-only page where we can log in and look up a customer and see their payment history. We also need to be able to print a report of all payments that were made on-line so we can mark them as paid in our dance studio software (the dance studio software is a custom program ([url removed, login to view]) that is built on FileMaker Pro (for PC). I don't think there is a way to pull or write data to this database but if you think you can find a way to link the website to this database then go for it! If not, like I said, we need to print a report of all payments made on-line so we can then log into our dance studio software, look up each customer, and enter the payment)
- We need for once of the dance studio employees to be able to EASILY modify the main (home) page as well as the Calendar of Events page, the Classes Offered page, and the Newsletter page. I think Adobe (Macromedia) Contribute would be the best way to do this.
Some other things:
- site MUST be created using Dreamweaver 8 (or whatever the latest version is at this time), and MUST use ASP.NET using C#. No Cold Fusion. No PHP. MUST be ASP.NET using C#.
- We MUST get all artwork, Flash, and code from you in case you disappear.
- Code MUST be clearly written WITH COMMENTS so that we can modify the code a year from now if necessary
- We do NOT currently have any type of shopping cart, payment processor or merchant account set up so we will need your help setting this up. We only want to accept Visa or MasterCard credit cards (no Discover, no AmEx, etc)
- Current website can be found at [url removed, login to view] As stated before we are looking for a bright, colorful, kid (girl)-oriented website. Design must be CLEAN and CONSISTENT!