We are a construction company looking to re-design our intranet from the ground up. The SQL database is nearly complete, but all the presentation pages and DAL and BLL need to be completed. Specifically, we are looking for someone to take our database model and create a data access layer, business logic layer, and the ASP.NET presentation layer. Our SQL database may need to be adjusted to suit the end result. Business rules would be provided to aid in creating the proper logic for the BLL. The current database has around 60 tables including the auto-generated ASP.NET roles and membership tables.
The database/ website will serve the following primary functions:
1. Keep a directory of companies including contacts, services offered, geographical territory, and business type (architect, consultant, supplier, subcontractor, etc.)
2. Keep a record of projects that our company has completed. This encompasses a variety of information including but not limited to storing digital files or links thereto, cost information, client information and client contacts, companies/ subcontractors that worked on the project (see note 1 above), and company tools used on the project (see note 3 below).
3. Tool inventory. Track tool inventory including general tool information, store PDF versions of the tool manual, current location of the tool, maintenance history, etc.
4. Cost information - related to note 2 above - we want to store cost information for every project completed and sort this by the Job Cost Code for each and every facet of the project. The presentation layer will retrieve this information and filter it based on job information criteria from the project directory such as year constructed, location, type of project (2-story, church, school, etc)
5. Various other miniscule tables will exist to store simple records such as safety audits, safety warnings, daily jobsite observations, etc.
6. Companies that wish to be added to our directory should be able to visit a page and create an account and add their business information. The site should be able to check against the database and prevent duplicate company enties. In other words, we dont want two individuals from the same company to both enter the same company in the database.
Visually we would like the site to have web 2.0 feel with our company colors and logo integrated in the design. The home page should be customizable for each user with "drag and drop" panels of information. Data returned by the application should also be tailored for the currently logged in user.
With the database virtually complete, this should be a straightforward project. We have the ability to add modules/ features in house, albeit our capabilities are limited by time, so if cost becomes a factor we may cut back on the design.
The successful bidder would be allowed to observe our current intranet and how it operates and hopefully overcome our current limitations. Our SQL ERD will be attached to this posting for review.
We prefer that the individual bidding will provide documentation for what has been provided in a clear, logical fashion.
The budget for this project may be altered based upon bids received.
Let us know if there are any questions.
28 freelancers are bidding on average $1132 for this job
Hello Sir, We have a team of highly qualified and creative professionals. Give us a chance to show our talents and we assure you quality. I have sent u some references to checkout our work. Check PMB. Thank You
we can do this.r u providing me the details and as mentioned you have almost ready database or we need to create [url removed, login to view] have a talk on skype for more discussion. my id is atishrathi1