I developed a desktop software product and am about to launch it in a near future. I need the design and implementation of completely automated online licensing capability, without man-in-the loop. as described below.
1. The downloadable software will be free for the first 30 days. Thereafter, it will become somewhat "crippled".
2. The user should be able to purchase it online and receive the unlock key without any manual intervention on my side.
3. It is acceptable to some extent that the user will receive a key with some delay based on whatever batch processing delays are imposed by a shopping cart, if any.
4. In one of the application forms I will have a link that points to my store hosted by [url removed, login to view] - it is Merchant Starter Account. However, there is no merchant acount behind this - I consider it too expensive and prefer to do something with PayPal, especially in light that transaction could petentially be micro-transactions (under $10).
5. This link on my form should lead the user to the transaction page.
6. After user submits the payment he/she will be issued and unlock key, either by email (provided during payment submission) or will appear on the custom landing page.
7. Although I do not have much familiarity with this kind of transaction there is some complexity involved, since according to my understanding it has public key infrastraucture element. I identified [url removed, login to view] tool that works with ASP.NET that provides such capability and inexpensive ($85), There might be other solutions, but bare in mind they all require some sort of API since the requirement that the unlock key will be verified/checks against the data stored on the server side (not locally on users machine). So there are some APIs to this licensing system - this API will get the unlock key received after successful transaction and will check it against the server DB. Please see [url removed, login to view] for better understanding what I am talking about.
8. My app is using .NET 3.5 SP1 but and I cant go to 4.0. On the server side you can use .NET 4 if needed (recommended in [url removed, login to view] solution). The latter is simple to install but requires pre-installed SQL Express. Make sure it is solution that compatible with my hosted site at business.yahoo.com.
6 freelancers are bidding on average $121 for this job
Dear Sir, I think our firm is the right place to satisfy your [url removed, login to view] of the team members is expert in .[url removed, login to view] completed a lot of works in .net (windows application &web application).Examples of web applica More
I understood your requirement but I think there some there are some issues which you should implement on your project. I have discussed it on Private Massage board. Please visit that. Thank you JD