There are 4 / 5 forms that need to be developed using .ASPX and MS Access backed and to be published on [url removed, login to view] hosted website. The code should be generic i.e. it should operate such that it can be moved from one server to another without any code changes.
The parameters such as DSN should be file based and retrieved using servermap within the code. This way a relative folder containing the file DSN is loaded by translating into absolute path.
The website is for company that has a handful of products that are sold online. Basic process is
First time users ....
1) Visitor 'registers' on website by launching [url removed, login to view]
2) Visitor receives an email confirmation (html) that he / she successfully registered on our websit
- A copy of email is sent to sales@ .com or another mailbox ( again this about this as a parameter that is stored in the MDB file so we don't need code changes if we decide to use a different mailbox )
- The mail sent to sales@ .com will have a .VCF file attached with visitors contact information
3) Visitor uses credentials to login and request to download software
4) Visitor is redirected to a EULA page, clicks on ACCEPT and is prompted to save the file
Returning users ...
1) If visitor forgets password, they launch [url removed, login to view]
1) One or two reports that display visitor information and download requests