We want to add some additional features for our project.
1) Ability to upload and use documents
a. Much like with images, but instead with some of the common file-types, e.g.: txt, pdf, doc, docx, and so on…
b. We do not need a viewer for the files, just a simple way to add a link to the file on a page.
2) Ability to specify whether menu-links are opened in the current window, or a new window
3) Add a title to the templates, that is the template’s folder name
4) Fusion of the box-placeholder and rss-placeholder
a. In the templates it should just be tagged as an ##BoxPlaceHolder1##, ##BoxPlaceHolder2## and etc., and then the user can decide if it should be a box, or rss via radiobuttons.
5) Display available box-placeholders to the user, plus warn if too many boxes have been added, according to the selected template.
a. Our users will have trouble figuring out how the boxes work, so they will need some additional help.
b. Display all the available boxes (as if they were already added), and then add a box, when the users “edits” it.
i. Alternatively you can display a count of remaining boxes, but the above suggestion is much preferred.
c. If the user has created too many boxes, or chooses a template with fewer boxes, they should be warned of the overflowing boxes.
i. Mark the boxes that will not be shown on the website, perhaps with a red color to indicate a setup error.
Note: With the 5th feature, it would be really cool if available boxes, that have not been created yet, are dimmed to separate them from the created boxes.
Original project link:
[url removed, login to view]