I'd like a very simple voucher script for my website.
This is what i'd like it to do:
1) The user should visit the page where it will have a very simple design, a bit of text and a box where they can put in a voucher code.
2) There should be a very simple database that I can add codes to using my database admin software (Access), there should be 2 tables - one for the code, and one for the status of the code
3) When the user puts in a code, the script should check the database and return a message to say if the code is valid or not.
4) If the code is not in the database, it should say something like "voucher not valid"
5) If the code is in the database but has already been used, it should say something like "Voucher code already used"
6) If the code is in the database and hasn't already been used, it should say something like "code accepted, we will shortly add the credits to your account", the code should then send me an email containing the username and the voucher number. There is already a script in place on another part of the website which extracts their username, you will be able to use this to put into this new code.
The page should integrate with the members area of my site, this will be very easy.
This will not be an expensive project, and should take no time at all
Just to add, that when the voucher code is used, the status should be changed so that it can't be used over and over
to clear some confusion, the code does NOT need to create voucher codes. I will manually put codes into the database that the script can refer too.
Another quick idea, the database should have 3 tables, the two mentioned in the desctiption and a third that should be a description of what the voucher is.
For example, if a user puts in code "x12345", and it is in the database, it should return a message saying thanks, and also return a message saying what the voucher gives them.
so, something like "Your voucher code has been accepted. You will shortly receive ***The description of the voucher***"