Hello - I have one page on my ASP.Net website that needs to be completed. So far, I have buttons that allow users to upload and then view (in an ASP Gridview) an uploaded Excel spreadsheet. These buttons work ok. However, I am not able to get the actual import of the spreadsheet file into a SQL Server 2008 database to work correctly, . That's where you come in. This is not a simple import, however - it's pretty complicated - please don't bid until you have read all the requirements and have coded this sort of thing before. Here are the details:
* User must be able to import an Excel (or other type of spreadsheet) into a SQL database after upload.
* The import will take place into a SQL table with 11 columns. There is an Identity / Primary key column, several NULL and NOT NULL columns, and there are several different data types (date/time, smallmoney, varchar, etc.) on the table. Some of the NOT NULL columns require default values.
* Data for one of the columns will come from a drop down box.
* Data for another of the columns will be the currently logged in user ID that is uploading the file. Probably a [url removed, login to view] (?) I don't know, that's why I need an importing expert.
* Data for a third column will require duplicate checking of the column (easier to explain when you see the code I have so far).
* I will also need a way for the file to be renamed after upload, in case two or more users are importing data at the same time.
I have some of the code completed, but it's not working. It's VB.Net code. No work needed on the ASP.Net / HTML markup. You will need to have SQL Server installed on your computer or server to work on this. I will supply all HTML, VB.Net code (that I have so far), and SQL scripts for the tables and SQL statements. Thank you for looking.
32 freelancers are bidding on average $53 for this job
We have experience in migrations as you need. It would be nice to have an opportunity to collaborate with your project and begin work on Freelancer.com.