I am looking for someone to create a website that allows users to list items within a niche category for resale. It has the following functionality requirements:
- Users can create accounts with passwords (with standard account management such as password security and recovery)
- Users (sellers) can submit a form with text fields (no images), and that form will create a new listing in the product database (or, if a listing for the exact item already exists, adds this new seller as being associated with it). Some of the fields will be restricted so they can only take on certain values (drop down list)
- Users (buyers) can search through the text-only product database by filtering categories (similar to an Excel Table where there is a dropdown list at the title of each column that lets you select what values to display). The database does not need to be large -- about 5 columns, and and I don't expect more than 5 ,000 entries.
- Users (buyers) can contact seller(s) associated with an item by clicking a link on the listing, which will send an email to up to five sellers associated with that item. The seller's email is hidden from the buyer. The buyer's real email can be included in the email that is sent.
- Users (sellers) can delete their listings at any time.
I'd like to be able to edit and expand the site myself moving forward, so I'd prefer it to be designed using Microsoft products as I'm most familiar with those, but I'm open to another solution though if it's something I can learn. I'd like to be set up with inexpensive hosting (I'll pay the hosting company separately, but I'd need you to publish the site on the right servers). The site should have a welcome page and an FAQ page, but doesn't need to have any fancy design elements. I'd like to be able to enter and edit the static content myself. I should be able to do that as long as I have access to the HTML and know how to update the hosting server.
If this goes well, then I will have other projects for the freelancer in the near future. Including possible upgrades to this site.