You must research, design, implement, and test one digital sound program
The aims of the task are:
• To demonstrate an understanding of all key processes associated with
designing, programming and testing an audio software system for film and TV
• To support technological output with comprehensive and reasoned technical
documentation as well as a critical assessment of the finished system
1) You can choose to implement one of the following programs:
• A Multi-effect plugin with Multiband EQ, Compressor and Gate
• A Schroeder Reverb with High Frequency damping and Early
2) The programming platform to be used is Reaktor.
3) The program’ algorithms must be tested using appropriate visual displays
(waveform or spectrum diagrams created in Audacity) and test signals (e.g.
noise or a clap).
4) Alongside the program you need to submit 3 distinctive audio examples
(you can choose the source sound depending on the program you are
showcasing, e.g. speech for reverb, music for compression or EQ, etc.) that
showcase the capabilities of the program.
5) The programming process and testing must be fully documented in a report,
with a word count between 950 and 1050 words (remember to illustrate your technical report with appropriate
screenshots of your program, input and output waveforms and input and