First of all please have look at the project briefing pdf uploaded
Design a hand powered device to combine and compact used soap scraps into a large
single bar. The device is to be designed to reuse old scraps of soap forming them into new
bars. It is thought that some sort of mechanism will be required during the compacting or
squeezing operation. To enable very hard old scraps of soaps to be compressed, it is
required that water is added somehow during the combining / squeezing operation. The
device is to be designed for domestic use and as such it should be designed as a complete
“Product”, something which could, and would be bought in a shop.”
1) The device, when being operated, shall be able to be wall or table mounted.
2) When not in use, the device shall stow or fold into a 400mm x 150mm square, spatial
volume, and have the facility to be hung/ stowed on a wall.
3) The device is to be hand powered alone to compress /compact the soaps.
4) The device shall use water as a means of softening the soap scraps.
5) The device during operation shall be water tight, and have filling and draining
6) The device shall be designed for ease of cleaning.
7) The device shall be safe to operate, and stow as in (2)
8) The device shall be designed for mass manufacture,100,000 units sold/ year
9) The selling price of the “ Soap Compactor Product” is to be £35 each based on (8)
10) The device is to be designed in accordance with British Standards for Domestic
11) The total mass of the device is to be no greater than 2kg dry (without any water
12) The design must cater for right or left handed users.
9 freelancers are bidding on average £329 for this job
Hi I am professionally an engineer. I will be happy to do this job. At first stage i will send you drawing and after your approval i will make the machine. looking forward. Regards.