This project is only for candidates experienced with AutoCAD Architecture. Regular AutoCAD will not be sufficient.
We have some very detailed AutoCAD files of a structure. The DWG files include information on a structure we are naming an SDU (Secondary Dwelling Unit). The files also include references to a Deck and House. Those items do not need to be included as part of this project.
Based on the DWG files, we want to create an AutoCAD Architecture drawing that includes all of the following requirements;
• All wire frame objects will be converted / changed / modified to and represented by AEC Objects; Actual physical objects that comprise the real world structure must be represented by mass elements, spaces, walls, doors, floors, windows, etc. Wire frames will not be acceptable.
• All objects will also be ACA ‘intelligent objects’.
• Any styles, objects, etc. that don’t exist in the default AutoCAD catalog will be created. For example, the walls on the first level of the SDU on the west side are comprised of two interior layers of 5/8” drywall / gypsum board, 2” x 6” studs, .5” sheathing, 1.5” rigid insulation, two exterior layers of 5/8” drywall / gypsum board as a fire barrier, vapor barrier wrap, reflective insulation, and 1” of exterior stucco. This is just one example of a specific wall object that doesn’t exist and will be created as part of the project.
• All of the major components that comprise the building, such as Footings, Walls, etc. will have corresponding layers of the same name in the DWG files.
• The final drawing will include the following drawings / views;
• Floor plans with annotations, dimensions, labels, materials scales, etc. in 8.5” x 11”, 11” x 17”, and 24” x 36” formats.
• Elevations for North / Rear, East / Side, South / Front, West / Side of SDU with annotations, dimensions, labels, materials, colors, scales, etc. in 8.5” x 11”, 11” x 17”, and 24” x 36” formats.
• Cross Sections (North to South & East to West ‘slices’) in 8.5” x 11”, 11” x 17”, and 24” x 36” formats.
• Isometric (Wire Frame / AEC & Solid / 3D Rendering) in 8.5” x 11”, 11” x 17”, and 24” x 36” formats.
• This project must also follow the ‘best practices’ of the management features of AutoCAD Architecture.
• The structures should reflect and conform to all modern building codes. If any violations are found, please notify us and correct.
• There is always the possibility some components in the provided drawings may be slightly out of position or not quite the right size. If you find any errors or issues, please correct them or if you are unsure about the correction please contact us.
Please review all of the details and drawings before responding.
Finally, we have noticed there are some candidates that bid very quickly on projects. This is something that will not help win this project. In fact, to us, it is an indication that a reply was done in an automated fashion without actually reviewing the details of this project as we requested and will actually be a detriment to winning this project.
We have attached the DWG files for this project. Additionally we are developing a Revit drawing based on these same DWG files. It is not yet complete, but we will attach it once it is finished.