Your “FINAL” project builds upon your Feasibility Study as a critical part of the formation process for any new business (and a typical component of a Business Plan). The assignment is to form a legal entity for your business – without really forming one . . . just gathering and customizing the documentation for doing so. This will entail research and attention to detail and should be based on the following assumptions:
1) Your business will be based in “Anytown”, NY
2) It will be a ‘domestic’ Limited Liability Company, which means it will be based in NY and operate in NY
3) You will have two or more key stakeholders
1) Complete the documentation that would be necessary for establishing your Limited Liability Company within New York State (Department of State – Division of Corporations - [url removed, login to view] ) as if you were planning on doing so.
a. Name ‘Reservation’
b. Articles of Organization
c. Certificate of Publication
d. Articles of Dissolution (??? – yes, dissolution – you will be forming then dissolving your Limited Liability Company as part of the assignment).
2) Identify what is necessary from a tax standpoint (Employer Identification Number – “EIN”) at the State ([url removed, login to view]) and Federal level ([url removed, login to view],,id=98350,[url removed, login to view] ) and submit required forms filled out as if you were ready to file them
1) Create an Operating Agreement for your New York Limited Liability Company.
NOTE: I am NOT asking that you spend any money in securing these documents (they are all available in boilerplate fashion online for free), nor am I asking that you actually file any documents. I am asking, however, that you approach this assignment seriously and research and customize all the documents as if you were to be forming a real company . . . and to submit the final documents to me by Tuesday, November 22nd.