We wish to develop a single web-based game that allows thousands of on-line users to play at the same time. Users do not interact with one another, this is a single player game. But the database back end needs to accommodate many thousands of simultaneous users.
The game to be developed has been designed by a person with 10 years of game design experience. This game, itself, is actually very similar to Zynga's Maffia Wars. In fact, we desire to deploy this game on facebook and myspace, just like Maffia Wars.
We are looking for a developer who understands the specific web and database technologies necessary to create a game like Zynga's Maffia Wars. This developer should be detail oriented in analyzing the original game design document, and in developing the database schema to support the game. The developer should be able to create a highly detailed task-by-task based time estimate prior to coding and implementation. This estimate will be the foundation of a multi-Milestone-based project deliverable, too be completed and approved prior to commencement
This project will require extensive collaboration in (English) between designer and developer. Games are not like applications. They are not easily defined in a specification. "Fun" is hard to assess in written form. As a result, even the best game design documents usually only accurately encompass 60% of the entire project. The other 40% will be unaccounted for, discovered later, or be completely redesigned along the way. In fact, the best game designers test and make changes to their design every milestone, or even every day. This is how great games are developed.
However, this cycle can lead to unpredictable development effort. The end result could take more effort than originally anticipated. The developer will need to understand that the designer's goal is ultimately to make a fun game and not to meet the exact requirements of the original design specification. Those will definitely change.
We wish to work with a developer that will accept this cycle of testing and revision as part of the normal game development process, and not be frustrated by the cycle. All changes will be in written form so as to keep an accurate design specification up to date at all times. Without an accurate and updated design document this project will quickly unravel. Precise communication is very important.
Here is the method in which we intend to select a developer:
-If you are not already familer with Maffia Wars, play it on FaceBook or MySpace. Or go to Zynga's home page:
[url removed, login to view]
-Analyze the game features completely and make a detailed task list with time estimates.
(1) The more detailed the analysis
(2) The more tasks you identify and
(3) The smaller each task is...
The more confidence we will have in your ability to fully understand the project, all the tasks involved and the technology.
Timeframe for delivery:
Please let us know if you are interested in pursuing this opportunity.
3 freelancers are bidding on average $1867 for this job
Hi, we are good at .net(c#), php , SqlServer , Mysql , c++ and so on. we are multiple thread synchronize [url removed, login to view] are confidence to handle this project . Hope you send offer to us earnestly. Thanks.