I want to make standalone software that will collect trackback links for blogs from the major search engines.
Here's how I see the software working:
Please look at the attached image. There are two boxes here. There should be a tab to back and forth between them:
The user opens the software and is prompted to start a new job or open an existing job.
1. Step 1. Type in Keywords Below:
The user puts in the keywords which are the basis for the trackback search.
2. Step 2: Set Number of Results:
The user sets the number of results they want. We can set a limit of 250 or something like that.
3. Step 3: Select Search Engine:
Bing Google Yahoo
4. User clicks on "Run".
5. A progress bar appears showing the results and the next tab is brought to the front.
(Now I'm on box 2).
6. Box 2 has the following:
a. A list of the blog titles from the trackback page that are numbered on the left.
b. Page Rank for the blog.
c. Alexa rank for the blog.
d. The user can sort the name, PR and Alexa.
e. The user can select all, unselect all, remove an entry or select individual links.
f. The blog title should be a link that opens in a new window in the default browser.
g. If the user rolls over the blog title, it should give a blurb from the blog.
7. After the user has selected the trackbacks, there should be two buttons at the bottom:
a. Copy to clipboard.
b. Save as text file.
8. The user should be able to save this job.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please write me.
The software needs to be able to run on any type of computer (windows, mac, linux).