We are currently thinking about having some of our strategies converted into MT4 EA’s. Our current objective is to identify developers who have considerable MT4 / MQL programming experience. Assuming you have such experience can you please explain the EA’s you have written and perhaps send me a few examples to assess?
Basically we have lots of trading methodologies – therefore for phase 1 we are looking to outsource a “basic” method for someone to implement on our behalf. The proof of concept project is designed to be quick and easy – however we will be looking at the delivered solution and marking it against the following criteria:
1. Is the source code clearly written and easy to follow?
2. Does the EA simulate our trading methodology perfectly?
3. Is the solution robust / reliable?
Assuming the above criterions are fulfilled then we would proceed to outsource some of our more complex EA’s for development.
Here is a summary of the initial EA we are looking to have developed (requirements):
- Required to enter buy/sell trades into MT4
- Required to make an audible sound when a trade is entered
- Required to send an alert to our trading server (enter / exit trade signals) – we can provide socket source code. Only admin users running MT4 can have signals sent to our server.
- EA uses moving averages to determine when to enter trade
- EA uses simple TP calculation to determine how much to scalp
- EA uses simple money management methods to prevent large drawdown
I can provide an XLS detailing how this method will work on request and it will aid you in better understanding how the EA should operate. However prior to me sending this information I need you to provide me with some example of work you have done (thus enabling me to filter out developers with little development experience in this area)
NOTE: I am also interested in developers who have experience with IQFeed. Therefore the expert advisor could be implemented without MT4.
The main objective is for me to receive several estimations and have someone implement this basic proof of concept EA. I can then assess the developers speed, coding quality, reliability and support. I have set the budget purposely low because this is a simple proof of concept project which will open the doors to receive a lot more work if a good job is performed.
I look forward to hearing from you.
5 freelancers are bidding on average $636 for this job
HI... JARC InfoTech offer you best of IT services merged with latest technology in the lowest possible price range for website designing & development. Please check your PMB for more details.